|1) Go to the beach - Enjoy the single most important reason we all love Hilton Head. With over 12
miles of hard pack sand, the beach is perfect for a bike ride, walk, run or a
nap! The oceanfront resorts along the beach are perfect rest areas to recharge
with a cool drink or lunch.
2) Get out on the water - Be sure to see the Island from the water. Local charter boats offer
fishing, sailing or dolphin watches. Rent a kayak, sailboat, or motor boat
Taking a ferry for a Daufuskie Tour is another memorable experience!
3) History Tours - Take a day off from the beach, for a day trip to
Savannah(35 miles), Charleston(98 miles), or Beaufort(35 miles).
4) Hit the bike paths - In the design of the Island and the many communities, Hilton
Head was planned with miles of bike pathways. This map will help you
in discovery around the Island.
5) Hop a ferry to Visit Daufuskie Island, SC - A
short boat ride
and a bus ride around the Island will allow you to see this wonderful
Island. You may rent a golf cart and explore the Island on your own.
Be sure to stop by the local artists including Silver Dew Pottery,
The Daufuskie Gallery
and the Iron Fish Gallery
6) Take a real estate tour and some open house events - Visit some open houses in the local communities or tour some of the newer
developments on a rainy day. It will make you quickly realize why so many
vacationers end up calling the Lowcountry home!
7) Fireworks and Festivals - Local Area Festivals
happen all year round and are great activities to plan your vacation around.
During the summer weeks a fun event is the fireworks in
Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina
every Tuesday night. Shelter Cove offers arts, crafts and a choice of many
restaurants along the promenade. Events are free and open to the public.
8) Visit The Museum - The
Discovery Museum of Hilton Head
offers events and activities led by naturalists to educate
participants about the threatened Loggerhead Sea Turtle.
9) Shop and Dine - Two favorite activities are shopping and dining, with
catering to every appetite, eating out is the perfect way to end a great
day of shopping.
on Hilton Head is a unique experience, with over 200 unique shops in the
10) Visit a Lighthouse - The lighthouse in Sea Pines and South Beach iare musts, while you are in Sea
Pines, so you can pick up a world recognized Salty Dog T shirt! For a fun day, visit
South Beach, go to dinner at one of the many Sea Pines Restaurants and
enjoy a concert under the Liberty Oak with Greg Russell in
Harbour Town. It will be worth the $6 car pass!